Free film school for Tower Hamlets residents.
Next courses run November - December 2022, January - March 2023 and April - June 2023.
ZOOM offers one year of professional support for those interested in a career in Film or TV, including:
- Practical filmmaking training, including the production of a short film.
- 3 mentoring sessions with a high-calibre industry professional.
- Accreditation (Open College Network credits in Film Production).
- Masterclasses and networking sessions.
- Paid placement and job opportunities.
- Bespoke career guidance and pastoral support.
- Travel and childcare costs.
- Residents of Tower Hamlets,
- aged over 18,
- from a lower socio-economic background, unemployed, in a low waged role, and/or claiming benefits,
- not in full-time education.
We particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the film/TV industry. This includes women, people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, disabled people, single parents, and carers.
First four weeks: 3 days per week, Wednesday to Friday and 2 x additional Tuesdays
Last two weeks: 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out an application form online.
If you have any questions regarding the course or application process, or require the application form in a different format, please get in touch.
Previous trainees have worked on prestigious film/TV productions including:
Star Wars Episode IX, Hobbs and Shaw, Sally Potter’s Molly, Idris Elba’s directorial debut Yardie, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Disney’s Pinocchio, alongside numerous music videos and commercials.
Previous ZOOM industry mentors include: BAFTA Breakthrough Brit and Four Corners' patron Ray Panthaki, BAFTA nominated actor, writer and producer and Four Corners' patron Charlie Covell, BAFTA winning editor Kristina Hetherington, BAFTA nominated writer Vinay Patel, award-winning filmmaker Ben Rivers, Femi Oyeniran, and Oscar winning producer Mia Bays.
"It was just amazing how Four Corners were not just offering the course, but also assisted me in everything I needed in order to be able to do it. They covered childcare, for example. They went above and beyond to help me do the course.
The training changed my life. I feel like for the first time in many years, I’m finally able to do something that I really like."
- ZOOM Participant
ZOOM Film School is generously supported by London Borough of Tower Hamlets.