Kick-start your career in film and TV.
Applications now open!
ZOOM is an entirely FREE scheme for people who are interested in a career in the Film/TV. It offers a year of professional support:
- 6 weeks of practical filmmaking training, including production of a short film.
- 3 x mentoring sessions with a high-calibre industry professional.
- Accreditation (Open College Network credits in Film Production)
- Masterclasses and networking sessions.
- Paid placement/job opportunities.
- Bespoke career guidance and pastoral support.
- Travel/childcare costs.
Who is it for? You need to:
- Live in Tower Hamlets (you must be a current resident)
- Be at least one of the following - from a lower socio-economic background, unemployed, in a low waged role and/or claiming benefits.
- Be aged over 18.
We particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the film/TV industry. This includes women, people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, disabled people, single parents and carers.
Previous trainees have worked on prestigious film/TV productions including:
Star Wars Episode IX, Hobbs and Shaw, Sally Potter’s Molly, Idris Elba’s directorial debut Yardie, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Disney’s Pinocchio, alongside numerous music videos and commercials.
ZOOM industry mentors include: BAFTA Breakthrough Brit and Four Corners' patron Ray Panthaki, BAFTA nominated actor, writer and producer and Four Corners' patron Charlie Covell, BAFTA winning editor Kristina Hetherington, BAFTA nominated writer Vinay Patel, award-winning filmmaker Ben Rivers, Femi Oyeniran and Oscar winning producer Mia Bays.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the application form:
- 2 x proof of address (dated within the last 3 months)
- A copy of your current CV
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 30 November 2020
Interviews will take place during the first week of December 2020.
The programme begins on the 15 January 2021.
ZOOM Film School is generously supported by London Borough of Tower Hamlets.