A fixture on the East London art trail.
Our gallery has an established history as one of the UK’s first art spaces dedicated to photography. Alongside our curated exhibition programme, we offer some of the most affordable gallery hire rates in East London.
Just down the road from Bethnal Green tube station, we are in easy walking distance of Brick Lane, Shoreditch and Hackney. Our gallery space is fully air-conditioned with disabled access and is fitted with an induction loop.
With 35 meters of wall space and a 200 person capacity, it’s perfect for group exhibitions, as well as performances, book launches, private events and rehearsals.
We also welcome collaborative exhibition proposals.
If you would like to discuss a project, please get in touch.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the capacity of the gallery?
- The gallery can facilitate up to 200 people standing or 40 seated. However as visitors usually come and go during the course of an evening you may invite more than this number of people to your event.
- When hiring the gallery for an exhibition can we have evening/ weekend events?
- You are welcome to host events in the gallery during opening hours (11am – 6pm Tuesday – Saturday). During your hire we will stay open until 9pm on the chosen day of your private view or launch event. Additional evening events are subject to availability and a fee.
- What deposit do I have to pay? Is it refundable?
- To secure your booking a 25% deposit of the final amount is required. This is refundable if the booking is cancelled up to two calendar months before your hire.
For exhibitions where work will be hung on walls, an additional £150 deposit will be taken, fully refundable if the gallery is returned in reasonable condition.
- Do we have to clean up/ re-paint etc the space after our hire?
- Four Corners will make good and paint the gallery after your exhibition ends. However, we generally expect the spaces to be returned to us in a clean and tidy fashion, with screws removed from walls.
Any damage considered excessive will be deducted from your deposit. We will detail specific requirements after discussion with you in your hire agreement.
- Do you provide invigilation/staff to help?
- The reception at Four Corners is occupied during our opening times so visitors to your exhibition/event will be able to gain access. If you require anything above this then we recommend that you provide your own invigilators/support staff. Please contact us if you would like us to arrange this for you.
- Do you provide technical support?
- AV support can be arranged at an additional cost by prior arrangement.
- When hiring the gallery for an exhibition is there a private view included in the price?
- If you hire for a week or more then a private view (6-9pm) is included in the price.
- I want to change the look of the space, is this possible?
- We are open to all suggestions but any changes to the space must be agreed and discussed with Four Corners in advance.
- Do you provide a bar and other refreshments?
- Four Corners is unlicensed but you can give your guests refreshments and our reception desk doubles very nicely as a bar. Please contact us to discuss your needs and we can suggest some local suppliers.
- When do I have to pay the final balance?
- The outstanding balance is required two calendar months in advance of the booking. The full balance is required at the time of booking for hires less than two calendar months away.
- When does my exhibition week hire run from and until?
- The weekly hire runs from 10am Tuesday until 1pm Monday. This allows for the repair of the gallery before the next exhibition.
- Does my exhibition week hire include weekend opening?
- If you hire for a week or more then Saturday opening is included. Please note we are not open on Sundays.
- Can you promote my event?
- We can provide some limited promotion for external events: a listing on the 'What's On' section of our website and three social media posts. You will need to contact us [link to firstname.lastname@example.org] with details of your event at least two weeks in advance.
- Do we have to/ can we use your logo in our marketing?
- As external hires aren’t part of our programme this isn’t necessary, however you can link to Four Corners' website or social media pages during the promotion of your event.
- Do you have equipment we can use?
- We have display and audio equipment available to hire as well as a range of film equipment. We also have a selection of plinths which you can use free of charge. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
- Is there parking on site?
- We do not have dedicated parking but there is metered parking available on Roman Road and surrounding area, or free parking towards Victoria Park.