Annual membership: £50
B&W per 4 hours: £25.00
Colour per 4 hours: £30.00
Covid 19 Update: We are beginning a phased reopening of our darkrooms from August 15 2020, Fridays only.
10am – 2pm & 2pm – 6pm
Our darkrooms first opened in 1978 and are still going strong.
Today, our professional facilities are used by students and experienced printers alike.
Explore experiential print processes, develop your latest project and meet other analogue enthusiasts.
- Traditional black and white darkrooms.
- 32" RA4 colour print processor.
- Thirteen DeVere enlargers (35mm to 10×8 negative formats)
- Equipment to aid users with limited mobility.
- Labyrinth Photographic share the space, so darkroom members work alongside highly experienced professional printers.
To use our darkrooms you will need to become a member and have a short induction. Inductions can be booked on the first Saturday of the month or by appointment.
Annual membership: £50 / £30 (concs)
- 25% discount on Labyrinth pro lab services
- 20% discount at Bayeux, 5% discount at Silverprint
- Discount on Photographic Studio hire
- Invitations to exhibition openings, talks and events
Discounts for longer hires
- 5 sessions or 5 days for the price of 4 if you pay in advance
- Sessions or days can be used anytime within your membership period
- Significant discounts are available on long term hires
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When can I have an induction
- 30 minute darkroom inductions are held on the first Saturday of the month but can be flexible in some circumstances. Inductions must be booked in advance. Please call 020 8981 6111 to book.
- What chemistry is supplied?
- Multigrade Dev, Stop & Fix is provided for traditional B&W printing which is included in the session fee.
- Do you provide chemistry for alternative processes?
- Liquid emulsion, Lith, Toners and Antiquarian processes etc, can be used in the darkroom but members need to bring these chemicals with them.
- What size masking frames do you supply?
- We provide 2 blade, Beard masking frames up to 20x24 inches.
- What are the biggest trays available for black and white printing?
- Max B&W trays/print size 20x24 inches.
- What type of colour processor do you have?
- RA4 colour print processor is dry to dry in 4.5 minutes.
- What is the maximum colour print size?
- Max Colour print size 30x40 inches (using Kodak corners).
- What is covered in the session fee?
- We supply everything except negatives and paper.
- How can I pay?
- Darkroom hire can be paid by card or cash on site.
- Can I book on the day?
- To guarantee a place, it’s best to book darkroom sessions at least 24hrs in advance.
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- A 100% cancellation fee is charged against all NO SHOWS.